Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week 38 & 39

So I’m really bad. I’m behind on my blogging so I did both Week 39 and Week 38 in one post. Week 40 just started yesterday, as my due date was June 27th. Any day now baby Grayson. I cannot believe we are at this point already. Well, actually I can, but it is still mind blowing. I cannot wait!! BTW, aparently I wore basically the same outfit Week 38 & 39. As you can see... things are really not fitting if I am wearing the same thing routinely!

Week 39

Major Developments: Baby is continuing to accumulate fat which will help him regulate his body temperature. He’s also working on his layers of skin

Size of Baby:  Weight of a mini watermelon




Week 39 was another week of prep for the baby. We have pretty much gotten everything taken care of at this point. Over the weekend we packed baby Grayson’s hospital bag. We picked out 4 different outfits just in case he doesn’t fit in one. We also threw in a 4th of July shirt just in case he goes that long. He better not!! I’m really hoping to take him home in this super cute brown outfit we have for him. We’ll see what fits him best. I put together a bag of cloth diapers for the hospital and got all of the other misc items ready that he will need. I’m hoping to put the cloth diapers on him right away and not have any plastic diapers wasted at the hospital. I packed my hospital bag last night. There isn’t nearly as many items in my bag as there are in his. Just clothes and some huge pads basically. I haven’t purchased pads probably in 10 years. I stood there staring at them for the longest time because I didn’t even know what to buy. It was hilarious. I’ve also packed myself a lot of snacks for labor and lotion for massages. Eric has been working on a play list all week for labor. He’s a cutie. We have both been reading a book on husband coached labor, which will help us if I am strong enough to do the labor without an epidural. The book is really interesting and very helpful I think.

I gave up on finishing any more diapers before Grayson gets here. Bre came over to help me the other day and I just wanted to cry finishing them. I only had 4 left to do but I just didn’t have the strength to do it. I’m going to save the last 4 for after birth. I was way too moody to deal with it. I just kept saying I hate you diapers I hate you! Bre got to see my pregnancy hormone wrath at its finest. Luckily, I was able to hold the tears back.

I stopped lifting weights at the gym about a week and a half ago. Since then, I have just been walking on the tredmill or getting on the bike. I don’t have the strength to lift weights any more. I will resume after it is safe after delivery. I have been walking my butt off all week. Eric and I have been getting up early in the morning to walk before work, then I walk at the gym, then we walk before bed. We are hoping that this will encourage little baby to come into this world. I’ve been hearing so many different things about getting yourself to go into labor naturally that I’m just about sick of it. I guess it doesn’t hurt to try walking anyways. I’ve also been doing a lot of squats and yoga too. These are things that are recommended to get the head into position. The squats and yoga are also things that I can do while I’m in labor to help relieve the pain so it is good practice.

I’m almost to my wits end with everything though. Everyone around me seems to be an expert at pregnancy and going into labor. Everyone has recommendations and their story to tell. I know they are just excited but I just want to learn on my own. It’s really excessive. I can’t walk down the hall at work without being pestered to death about my pregnancy. One day last week it took me 30 mins to go to the breakroom, warm my lunch up, and get back to my desk to eat. Crazy!! I’ve also felt a lot of pressure about getting induced, which is something that I really do not want to do. This is something that I really don’t need added stress over. Ugh! My doctor does not want to induce until 41 weeks because it is healthier for me and the baby. I am following the doctor’s orders. Baby Grayson will come when he wants to come. He can only arrive on his schedule, not someone else’s. I’m happy to have him whenever he is ready. I do not feel miserable at all other than the annoying things that happen day to day. My body feels fine; my mind is just going crazy. We are all just really excited for him to finally show his face.

This weekend my mom, Bre, Megan, and I went to get mani pedis. I really needed to get some primping done before our little bundle of job arrived. I got my nails painted with that gel stuff that lasts a long time so that my nails can be all nice in my pictures after delivery. Who wants to look at my never ending claws in pictures? Not me. I also got a yellow pedicure with little G’s on the toes. Hopefully baby notices them on his way out!! I got them just for him. Hehe. It was nice to go and have that done. I rarely go for pedicures. We all know I couldn’t have reached my toes to paint them even if I tried. Those bad boys are just way too difficult to reach at this point.

This weekend we also went on our last date as a family of two. We went to see a movie and had dinner at Postinos. We rarely go to the movies and don’t go out to eat often so it was really nice. Except for when I got super hungry and weak while we were waiting for a table. Not so feel good. I found the most delicious lemonade on the planet that night. Cucumber Honey Lemonade. OMG! It was to die for! The next time we go on a date will either be with all three of us or Grayson will be baby sat for whoever wants to fight over him. I’ll probably just toss him up in the air and see who snatches him out of the air first. He he. They are all so excited.

I went to the doctor at the beginning of week 39 for my exam. They told me I was not dilated at all and not effaced. It was super disappointing to hear this. They told me it would probably be another 2 weeks (one week to the due date and then 1 week late). I was dreading telling my family because I knew they wanted him here asap. I just cried in the car on the way to work after hearing that. Partly due to my hormones, partly because I was hoping for progress and partly due to the dread of having to explain that I was going to be late. That is why we really started kicking up the walking. I went to the doctor’s office for another visit yesterday, which was my due date and the beginning of week 40, for another exam. This time I was 3-4 CM dilated and 50% effaced!!! I was so relieved to hear that. My doctor now thinks that I will probably not make it to my next appointment, which is Tuesday the 2nd.  He thinks I will probably go into labor naturally before or during the weekend. It was such good news to hear. If I go until Tuesday, he is going to do a non-stress test on the baby as well as an ultrasound to double check the fluids. If at that point everything is still looking good he will let me make the decision to induce or to let baby go into week 42. Hopefully we don’t get to that point.

I have been having cramps lately, which is good I guess. I also lost my mucus plug (gross I know). These are both signs that my body is prepping for labor but don’t necessarily mean I’m going to go into labor right away, which is what I’m trying to make perfectly clear to people. I don’t need anyone getting their hopes up. I’m really hoping to go into labor in the next day or two though. I have not felt any contractions yet, or at least I don’t think so. The closest thing to a contraction I have felt was last night. I was really not feeling hot last night until I laid down for bed. I had it in my head that I was totally going to go into labor based off how I felt. I really feel like I am ready mentally. I bet once I go into labor I’ll probably freak out a little but I think I’m pretty much good to go. I just want to see my little critter already. I can’t even believe that this is going to happen. Eric and I are ready to go through this labor together and then bring our happy little boy home. Is it time yet???? Ugh! His room is all ready for him, the car seats are in the cars, and the ferrets are ready with their greeting banner.


Week 38

Major Developments: Baby has a firm grasp and organs have matured

Size of Baby:  Length of a Leek about 19 inches



Week 38 was pretty uneventful. I went to the doctor thinking that I was going to have an exam done but they decided to push it back to week 39. I was disappointed but figured that I hadn’t really made much progress. I haven’t felt much of anything as far as contractions. We did end up telling our doctor the baby’s name that visit though. Our Doctor’s name is Grayson as well. We knew the minute he found out the name of our baby it would go straight to his head because he is funny like that. He was super excited! He also loved the middle name Yorke for the same reasons we had chosen that name. What a cool name: Grayson Yorke. I love it so much.

Father’s day was during week 38. Of course, we did not celebrate it, other than for our own fathers. We decided to have a big BBQ with my family and his. It was a Mediterranean themed BBQ and we went allll out. We made yogurt rosemary chicken Kabobs and pork tenderloin kabobs as well. Plus we had a Greek cucumber salad and Greek rice. Then we got super fancy and made Baklava from scratch. Everything turned out delicious. Baby Grayson sure loves him some Bakalava.

We had planned on getting a lot done that weekend to prepare for the baby. We did quite a bit of organization but it still feels like we are out of order. We are going to need a bigger house in no time. We are running out of room. Poor baby Grayson is going to need more room to play. I’m sure the ferrets wouldn’t mind either.

No comments:

Post a Comment