Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 17

Size of Baby:  5 Oz. about the weight of a turnip
Major Developments: Skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, umbilical cord is stronger & thicker, & sweat glads are developing (I thought something smelled like feet!!)



Complete week 17... Check! The hubby is back from Miami. Thank goodness. His dad has finally been released home from the hospital after about 10 or so days. The transplant went well. I had to take my bump pictures myself because Eric was in Miami when it was time to take them. Boo.

I'm getting really anxious to find out what my baby is. I spent the whole weekend looking at baby stuff. I went to a fabric store to look at more options for boys, just in case. I want to have things pretty much narrowed down, as far as fabrics go. The ultrasound is Jan 27th and I plan on doing some shopping Jan 28th! We also stopped into a rocker store. We absolutely fell in love with the below rocker. It is everything I want in a rocker, except for the color. It was glorious. The problem is I really really want it in white.
 I am planning on having a wood rocker in the nursery. I think it would be nice to have a little touch of the good old days in the nursery. I feel like all of the other gliders they sell in stores are so ugly. They all look the same and have zero personality. I plan on making a cute pillow for my rocker and a neat footstool. I think I will probably order the below rocker. 
Saturday, we went to a Cuban restaurant for lunch. Baby Silva finally got a taste of its roots. Baby liked!!! Eric also brought home these delicious Argentinean snacks from Miami called Alfajores.The only way I can describe them is 2 delicious thin cookies with Dulce De Leche in the middle... oh and covered in chocolate. I can't even give you a general taste. They are awesome! We used to eat them all the time in Miami. Eric is half Argentinean and half Cuban, so we will have to introduce our baby to all kinds of cultural delights. We found a recipe online for making Alfajores. I have tried making them once, but they did not turn out well. I am going to attempt again. I'll let you know how they turn out.

This week at work I had an interesting and embarrassing adventure. I was sitting at my desk when suddenly out of nowhere I felt awful. I thought I was going to throw up, which was new for me, so I started walking towards the bathroom. I saw a friend in the hall who started talking to me. I told her I was on my way to the breakroom for some water. As I am telling her this, I am starting to leaning like the tower if Pisa on the wall involuntarily. She decides to come with me. The next thing I know, I wake up on the floor and Patrice is holding me up. I woke up because I heard someone run around the corner asking if they needed to call someone. I had passed out!! Luckily my friend Patrice was there to help me. Can you image the damage I could have done if I had fallen without anyone to catch me? I could have hurt poor little creaton. I was so embarrassed! I felt awful but I knew I had to scrape myself off the floor before other people started gathering. I was so out of it. I tell the kid that is carrying my cup that I discarded on the floor after my tumble that "Its ok.. I'm pregnant.... I'm all kinds of crazy". Wow. I'm loosing it! I was so glad that it was my friend that was there and not some random awkward  person from the office. I can't even imagine! I'm just glad I didn't end up looking like this guy, laying in the halway.
I felt much better once I sat down and drank some water. I told my doctor about my near passing out spells while pregnant and my history of passing out as a teen. She said it would only get worse... so I guess this is it getting worse? I had absolutely no warning. I usually know when its going to happen. Next time I think I'm going to lose my lunch I'll just stay put. I'm going to mention it to my doctor on Friday. She said she'd test me for diabetes later in my pregnancy.

Speaking of Friday...... Ultrasound!!! Going into week 18 I have the prospect of learning creatures gender. I am getting super nervous to find out. I'm really worried that its going to be hiding the goods and I'll have to go back another time. I need to know stat!!

Wish me luck.. and hohpe that my baby is a little more friendly to me this week. I really don't need more rug burn on my face!


No comments:

Post a Comment