Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week 16

Major Developments: Legs are more developed, head is erect, ears are almost in final position,growing toenails!
Size of Baby: Avocado. 4.5 inches & 3.5 oz

So during week 16, my little creature started to grow those tiny little toenails. If it is a girl, these are the tiny little toenails I'll get to paint every color of the rainbow! How fun. Speaking of gender, my baby gave me its 2 week notice on friday at my appointment. He he. By this I mean, I get my ultrasound 2 weeks (well less than that now).

Friday I went in for my monthly appointment. I was expecting them to tell me I'd get an ultrasound at my next regular appointment when the doctor says "Ultrasound in 2 weeks from today". Eric and I both had to pick our jaws off of the ground. That really crept up on us. I was seriously so excited!!! Eric said, "Are we ready to know?". I am ready in theory, but have not completely come to a neutral position on gender. I really really really would love it to be a girl. I want to do all the fun things that I did with my Grandma as a child with my own child. I want to be the super crafty mom that teaches her little girl everything handmade. I didn't grow up around a lot of little boys. Even though  most my friends through out life have been boys, I think I would feel a little lost on what kinds of things boys like to do. So..... I really must come to terms with the fact that I'm probably going to get a boy. I'm just going to have to do a lot of research on what boys like to do. I know I'll be happy either way. I'm just trying to prep myself so that I am not disappointed. That sounds totally terrible. I guess moms-to-be might understand my position. So, I have a very limited amount of time to form a state of open mindedness.... if that's a word. Wish us luck! I am thinking that once I find out the sex on January 27th, I will change the theme of my blog to either be boy colored or girl colored. I chose a gender neutral color when I started up. So if you check my blog on the 27th and see blue, or something like that, you'll know immediately! January 27th can't come any sooner!

Week 16 was a lonely one. Eric's dad had a liver transplant on the 12th. Eric had to fly out last minute on Saturday to go be with him. The surgery went well but there were complications afterwards, which left all of us on pins and needles. Ugh!!It was really difficult to be here when I knew what kind of challenges he was going through in Miami. I also missed him a lot and my dang pregnancy hormones got the best of me a night or two. I haven't seen him in 5 days, plus I spent last weekend in Portland, so I feel like I haven't seen him in ages. Poo.

It seems that the few pregnancy symptoms I have had have subsided. My energy level has come up a bit & my headaches are less frequent. My appetite is still a growing! In my appointment I asked my doctor if it was ok that I haven't gained much weight. She told me one day I'll wake up and have a belly. I guess some people have a hard time putting on the pounds at first. The thing that is really weird is that I haven't even passed my highest weight in my life yet but I look a lot bigger than I ever have. According to my records, I have gained 4 pounds. My doctors records show I have only gained 1 pound. Its amazing how 4 extra pounds pregnant is different from 4 extra pounds not pregnant. I guess its just from all the shifting and repositioning of all my parts. That little belly is expanding, just not on the scale. Very very weird. I want my dang bump already!

I'm getting really anxious to feel the little movements of my baby. The doctor says I will start feeling them this month. My AP on babycenter.com says anywhere from 16 to 21 weeks this will start happening. What will this feel like??? How will I know what I'm feeling when it finally does happen?! Pregnancy is all about learning patience is a virtue. Ugh. I'm sure once that baby gets closer to full term I'll be wishing I didn't have a little tap dancer keeping me up all night with its dance routine on the inside of my belly. But for now, can you just give me a little nudge? Please?

So, I also want to give a shout out to my Russian readers -- they seem to really like me. He he he. I know its probably spam, but I noticed I have had views in Russia, Germany, South Africa, and new this week - India. I'm an international hit! Spam or not, I still think its funny! Hello world!

No comments:

Post a Comment