Friday, March 23, 2012

Week 25

Major Developments: Baby is accumulating fat, & growing hair. My uterus should be about the size of a soccer ball. (gross!!)
Size of baby: Weight of Rutabaga and around 13.5 inches long.


Week 25 was fun and exciting!

 Earlier in the week, we realized that baby Silva is a twin of Eric. He has the same nose and everything!! At first I thought that they had the same chin until I realized that it is actually the exact same as Megan's. How freaking creepy!!!! Is this baby going to look like me at all??? The only thing of mine he might get is my giant forehead. The good thing about the baby sharing a jawline with Megan is the possibility of less teeth problems. I have so many teeth problems because I have no chin to speak of, not to mention missing permanent teeth among other things. Hopefully that baby doesn't inherent that from me.... Here's the proof.


Thursday we went to the Radiohead concert. They are my absolute all time favorite band. The concert was awesome. We were anxious to see how the baby would react. Now that the baby is working on developing his hearing, I think he totally got to hear the concert. When Radiohead played "Myxamatosis" that little baby went absolutely crazy! He was kicking up a storm. The song has a lot of bass in it and must have really been interesting to our little creature. 

Friday we got up at 4 am and made our drive up to Utah. The drive was not bad at all. We stopped at the Hoover Dam to walk across that big scary bridge. It wasn't bad at all!!! Here is baby crossing the bridge:
On the drive I quickly realized that dropping things on the floor was not going to work. If something was dropped on the floor, it was staying there. Baby did not want to pick anything up!!! I worked on my thank you cards from Vegas all the way to Payson!! That was fun and made the time fly!

Saturday was the shower planned by my lovely Aunty Amy and Grandma Frandsen. The shower was so much fun. We played a couple games. We "birthed" babies stuck in ice, played a hilarious candy bar game, guessed my measurements, and played a game where no one could say cute. Super hard not to say that word. I got a ton of adorable stuff. So so so many cute cute cute clothes. We also got a stroller, bouncer, monitor, piggy bank, ect. The decorations were adorable and the food was tasty. Baby sure loves him some Crepes! The shower was so great and I appreciated everyone that came. Getting ready for this baby wouldn't be possible without the support we have received! My family rocks! Here are some pictures of the details of the day.







Sunday we went over to my Grandparents Thomas house. Its always nice to catch up with them!!! We stopped over at Gary's house and saw my new baby cousin Bradly. He was born on Superbowl Sunday. He is such a cutie. I was holding him and had a little panic because he started crying. I hope those mommy instincts kick in asap because I am clueless!! I hope that starts to fade. We also got to spend some time with my Aunt Stephanie & Matt & Melinda. What a busy day. Baby and I were pooped after all of that visiting!

Monday I got more exposure to a little baby boy. Aunty Amy brought over a little boy that she watches on Monday's. His name is Clark and he has the cutest, hugest thighs ever!!!!! He's around 6 months??... Very active little guy. It was cool to see what we are up against in a short while! I got to do a little fabric shopping with Grandma. (For the baby of course) Baby also got to do some shopping with Courtney too. It is so hard to find gray stuff out there! What the heck. I'm seeing so much aqua, which is a color I almost went with in the baby room. Gray & yellow are much more difficult to find.

We are back at home, much to my dismay.. I always hate coming home from Utah.

With all of the stuff coming up, I have been feeling a little frazzled. I had a little melt down one night. Sometimes there is just too much going on. We've got to get this house ready for my father in-laws arrival, which means getting lots of baby stuff done in a short span of time. My back and ribs are really starting to kill me, so that didn't help with my mood. I'm getting closer to that really uncomfortable period of pregnancy. Pants that aren't maternity just flat out piss me off. They make me uncomfortable and miserable. I need to go get a few more pair this weekend or I will just wear my one pair every day of the week.

Speaking of misery, I have officially gained 20 lbs! Its no wonder my back is killing me. I will be exceeding the 130 mark by next week for sure! I don't feel bad about the weight gain, I love my bump. I just don't love the pressure on my back. I think 99% of my weight is in my belly. I have now realized after seeing the shower pictures the other 1% is in my chin. Ugh. I feel like my face is swollen. It doesn't help that I have zero chin.

Baby sister (Megan) will be here for week 26!!! It will be marvelous to have her here to do some baby stuff!!

Anywoooooooot I think I have rambled on for long enough.Sorry for the late post!


No comments:

Post a Comment