Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week 23

Major Developments: Baby has new sense of movement, lungs are preparing for breathing, inner ear is fully formed, baby is becoming more proportioned
Size of baby: Mango


So I got really lazy last night and didn't post week 23. I was so so sleepy!!

Time is passing by so quickly I cannot even believe it. We are going up to Utah next weekend. My Aunty Amy & Grandma Frandsen are throwing me a shower. Can you believe I'm already getting to that point? Amy sent out the absolute cutest invites in the world. I loved them!!!! I can't wait to go up and hang out with my family. One of my last baby free trips up there! Its always lovely to go to Utah and relax. I'm planning on hitting up a few fabric stores while I'm there. I still have a few things to sew. There is a very limited selection of fabric stores in Phoenix, which is really terrible. I cannot wait!

As far as health goes, I'm still feeling fine. Although, I do have this really strange pain under my right rib. I think that baby is just running out of room. It feels like he has messed with one of my muscles because I have this weird rubbery bump where the pain is. Naughty little thing. I think I have also swapped bladders with an ant. Week 23 was pretty much the beginning of true pregnancy bladder. I am now getting up in the night to "tinkle". This drive to Utah will be quite interesting with all of the possible pit stops! Sometimes I feel like the baby is stretching my insides out. I can only imagine how it will be in the next little while. My lower back is really starting to ache now. I've gained nearly every pound in my belly so I can only imagine my little back is just thinking "Hey man, you can stop at any time". Other than that still feeling wonderful. Everyday I thank my lucky stars that I have been so fortunate in the health area.

The baby is really starting to do a lot of kicking and dancing. He's my little tiny dancer! Last night, I had my cell phone resting on my belly and that baby starting kicking up a storm. My cell phone was literally bouncing. Poor Eric never really got to see it though. Its really funny. Any time I tell Eric the baby is moving watch/feel, the baby doesn't do it. He's a little shy with Daddy. Meanwhile, me and baby are playing tag! Sometimes at work, he kicks me and I'll tap back. That usually goes on for a few minutes and then he gets tired... or bored. He must have tired himself out on Sunday because he did not move hardly at all, which really freaked me out. Saturday night I woke up with pain in my tummy, the stretching kind. Then Sunday he wasn't moving much so I was all nervous throughout the day. I guess maybe he was changing positions or something when I felt that pain, I don't know. He usually kicks in the same region though - under my right rib where I have that annoying pain. Once in a while I'll get a jab to the bladder, but not too often thank goodness. I think he is still chilling upside down.   

The name situation is still a mystery. I think we are both really digging the name Grayson Yorke but haven't committed yet. It is a name that we both really like, which is good.... we just haven't given it the green light yet. To me, it rolls off the tongue almost. Who knows. I don't want to rush anything, but I really want to get my name decorations rolling.

Speaking of decorations..... THE BEDDING IS FINALLY DONE! I had my crib skirt done a while ago as you know but now the bumpers are done. Man, they took me a while. I'm rusty on the sewing so I made a few mistakes that I had to figure out. They turned out pretty good. I'm so proud. Usually, I do all my sewing with my Grandma. This is my first project all by my self! Gold star for me. hehe. Here's the finished product. The lighting sucks in the picture but I was really anxious to take a picture last night.

The inside of the bumpers are gray but they look black from the pictures. I'd like to pull a lot more gray into the room so it doesn't seem like a yellow and black room. Bzzzzzzz, who let the bees in??
I also finally chose hardware for that dresser Eric painted so lovely. I couldn't choose between yellow or black on the knobs so I went with both. A little funky, but that was my goal. Here are the before and after pictures:



Speaking of Eric...poor little guy had to have an endoscopy on Monday. Like I said before, he was having some gallbladder problems. We found out he has stones and has to have the gallbladder removed. Poor little guy was so nervous!!! He was high as a kite after the exam!!! HILARIOUS. He will have his surgery scheduled for the end of March or later. I think he's feeling a lot better about it! He'll beat me to a stay in the hospital, which is a good thing. The sooner the better on this thing. I don't think we want another gallstone attack! Here he is after waking up. Dress shoes and all. Funny guy.
After each week that ends, I love pregnancy more and more. I know I keep saying it, but does this really have to end. Its just lovely. Today I got the sweetest email from a friend/coworker about my pregnancy. I have been named by a few people as the cutest pregnant person. Heheh. I don't think I'd say the cutest but it is a sweet thought. Its so nice to have people that are just as excited as you are about your pregnancy. I love sharing my pregnancy with others. Its just a joyous time :)

Ta ta for now!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog every week, Kayla. I just do! I have been a faithful reader and have loved seeing your progress week to week. You ARE the cutest pregnant lady ever...no doubt about that! I am so happy and excited for you and Eric, and I can't wait to meet my new great nephew. I think it is sweet that you love being pregnant and say, "Does this have to end?"...not many people that I know say that. You are awesome! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog each week! Its such a great way to keep eveyone involved. Eric and I are super excited. We will need to make a trip up once Baby Silva is born. See you soon!!!! Woo!

      Delete
  2. I was just curious to know if the boy parts you saw in your original gender scan were that or the cord?

    ReplyDelete