Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week 22

Major Developments: Baby looks like miniature newborn, lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, eyes are formed but irises lack color
Size of baby: Length of spaghetti squash


Week 22 over, and yes, my pants are unbuttoned!! Whew, I'm getting bigger. I have been gaining 4 lbs a week out of nowhere. My bump is in full effect and I love it!

This week we had another ultrasound to see if they could get the baby's face. They have to rule out cleft lip. Every time I hear that tiny little heartbeat, I feel so relieved. Its really weird that I am still freaked out about something happening. Who knows. They surprised us with 4D pictures of our little baby. It was amazing! I said in the beginning that I didn't know if I wanted a 4D ultrasound because I wanted the face to be a surprise. It actually kind of scared me when I first saw me. I was just shocked to see what was on the screen.



Baby Silva looks like a real baby. I don't really recognize anything yet. It seems like he looks just like a "baby" to me. The only thing that I recognize in one picture is Eric's nose. The nose looks different in every shot though. What a cutie anyway. He loves to keep his hand up by his head. It was so surreal to see him playing with his ear in 4D rather than regular ultrasound. You could see him flexing each finger and flicking his ear. So crazy!!! Baby is healthy and is growing and growing.

My Aunt Stephanie and her husband came into town this weekend. I didn't get much nursery stuff done. The rocker came in the mail though! Eric set it up and it is wonderful! I love it so much. I have rearranged the room a couple times because I'm not quite sure on the furniture placement. I can't wait until it is all finished!! I shopped around a little for hardware for the dresser. I can't decide on that yet either.

Sunday we had a delicious delicious BBQ. Kabobs and strawberry salad. Mmmmmm baby loved it!!!! We also had a small dance party. Baby Silva must have wondered what the heck was going on out there. Thriller and all.

Monday I got my first case of swollen ankles. I was putting on my gym shoes after work and noticed fat rolls around my ankles. Once I put my gym shoes on it was aparant that my ankles were swollen. It was hilarious to me!!! I was hoping that the walking around the gym would help but it didn't. At home I took what Eric calls a "photoshoot with my ankles" funny guy. I just felt like I had stump leg. My ankle was dangling over my sock.

 Pictures did not capture the full extent. I'm sure it wasn't really even that bad, but it was just humorous to me. I felt like people of Walmart!!

For the grand finale of week 22, I saw the baby move under my shirt. The baby has been moving a lot more lately. Not a ton, but not non-existent. I was sitting at work feeling the baby kick when all of a sudden I started to see little pokes under my shirt. I didn't think I'd actually see the kicks so early. It was really cool. Later at home, I started watching my bare belly for kicks. I saw tiny little bumps coming from my belly. That baby sure likes to play tag. He also likes to punch my bladder. I can't imagine how that will feel when I'm further along....That will be interesting!

Pregnancy is bliss :)

No comments:

Post a Comment