Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 20

Major Developments: Baby is swallowing and making the gooey substance that will be in its first diaper. (Gross!!) Waxy substance is covering skin to prevent it from becoming chapped and scratched.
Size of baby: Lenght of banana (6.5 inches)
 

Finally the 5th month has arrived. I have so much to report on!!

I was not quite 20 weeks in the above picture but you get the idea. I'm getting my lovely baby bump finally!! I've been gaining about a pound a week, which is good.

I had my ultrasound done on Friday. Its official, we are having a BOY, which is the reason for the change of my blog colors. Green for a little boy. I invited my mom and grandma to the ultrasound. I did not like my ultrasound tech at all. She was all about business, which was counting those little fingers. The ultrasound lasted about 7 minutes. My last ultrasound was about 25 minutes. She confirmed it was a boy but didn't take a picture of it. I did get a picture of those cute little feet again and the fingers:

I have to go in again in 2 weeks because we weren't able to get a clear shot of the face. I'm really disappointed because the lady didn't take a picture of what we would see of the face. In the ultrasound, we could see the outline of an eye. It was so cute, we could even see it moving its little mouth around. The cutest thing in the world was the little baby playing with its ear. He had his hand up near his head in a little fist. He'd flatten his hand out and then tighten it up like he was grasping his ears. SO FREAKING CUTE. It just melted my little heart to see him doing something so human like. I'm excited we get to go in again in another 2 weeks but I am going to get too used to this seeing the baby so often thing. I'm being spoiled!

Friday, Grandma and I went shopping for fabric. It was harder than I thought now that I could actually buy something. I wanted a grey, yellow, and white theme so I bought fabrics to go along with that scheme. I had a hard time choosing between that and blues. I had to go to 3 stores to get what I needed but I finally have everything but the pads for the bumpers, which I need to order online.

 The yellow fabric is for the bumpers and the black and yellow is for the dust ruffle. I have almost finished up the dust ruffle and can't wait to start sewing the bumpers! So much fun!!!

The crib also came in on Friday! It is perfect. Eric and our friend Devon put it together on Sunday. Its white and matches our molding so well. I'm really pleased with the crib we picked out. Its really creepy to walk to the bathroom past the baby's room and see a crib in there. I can't believe that I have a crib in my house. Isn't that weird. Soon I'll even have a baby in the house.... strange. Pregnancy is so much fun!!
Tuesday, Valentines Day, Eric and I went out on a date. We had an early dinner to beat the crowds and then went to the movies. On Monday I had a chocolate brownie and felt 3 hard thumps in my belly. I thought that maybe I was feeling the baby but I wasn't sure. After our Valentine's dinner, I had a piece of chocolate and I felt one hard thump. I googled it and read that sometimes babies kick after chocolate. So I decided to take a snickers bar to the movies. I ate only half the bar and about 20 min later that baby went to town! He was kicking up a storm. It was a crazy feeling - little tiny hands and feet bumping my belly the whole movie. The coolest part about it was that Eric was there to feel it too. We just couldn't believe it. The kicks are about 2 inches from my ribs so that crazy little guy will be kicking my ribs out soon. Since this time, I have felt a few kicks here and there but nothing like during the movie. We saw The Chronicle where the teens get super powers so I joked that our baby was pretending to have super powers. What a cutie!

This week I have had a cold. I have been calling it the mom cold. There is a hilarious video on youtube about the "Man Flu", which is so true. Men just fall apart when they are sick. I think I have a similar condition but it is the preggo cold. I NEVER get sick. I have been sick twice since being pregnant. I think my body was fighting this cold off pretty hard. Eric had it last week along with my mom and dad. Everyone at work has had it. It took me quite a while to pick it up. The worst part of being pregnant and sick is the limitation on meds you can take. I had to breakdown and call the doc to see what I could take because I was miserable. To top it off, I am having a problem with my braces that is pretty painful. Ugh!!!

This weekend I hope to get the dresser finished so we can come up with furniture placement. I also hope to get most of the sewing done as well. I'm so happy to finally be working on things! Now, if we could only decide on a name.... That's the hard part.

Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment