Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 21

Major Developments: Movements are turning in to full fledged kicks, eyebrow & lips are now present.
Size of baby: Length of Carrot


Week 21.... check. I have been super tired this past week. I read on my pregnancy app that baby grew quite a bit in length. No wonder I'm so tired!I feel like my belly has grown a lot too. Towards the end of week 21 I felt like my belly was growing a mile a minute! I finally have reached a milestone in my weight history. I have entered the 120's. I gained over 3 pounds from week 20 to 21. I have been averaging a pound or less a week in the past month so 3 lbs is a lot for me, even though it sounds like nothing. Its crazy. The only place I'm gaining weight is in my belly. My pants still fit in the leg. According to my records I have gained 12 lbs. So all 12 lbs are right at my belly. My belly button is starting to pop out a little. I think pretty soon here I'm going to have an outie! I didn't think I'd have one of those in all of my life. Usually, my belly button is  so deep you could lose the remote controller in it! It is fascinating to watch my belly expand!!!!

This weekend was a long weekend away from work. Thank goodness. I really needed it. This month at work has been a rough one. I thought year end financials were rough. Turns out the first month is worse. Eric has been having some stomach problems. So we spent Saturday just chilling. He thinks he's got gallstones. :( Poor guy. He's finding out tomorrow what the deal is. Hopefully nothing too serious. Saturday I got a lot of sewing done. I finished my dust ruffle on my crib. I would have finished a lot earlier but I made them too long so I had to re-hem. Here is a crappy picture taken from my phone. When I finish the rest I'll take a nice picture:
I'm getting so addicted to my sewing machine. I've got a whole list of projects I want to get done. I have found so many cool things that I can sew for the nursery. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eric doesn't see much of me when I get in the mood to work on my sewing projects. He's going to see smoke coming off of my machine soon.
Sunday Eric felt slightly better. He refinished the dresser for me so we now have a partially finished changing table! It went from green to white and looks great. I don't have a picture yet because I don't have hardware on it yet. I'm going to go shopping for some really funky knobs for it. So fun. 

Monday I attempted to go maternity clothes shopping with my mom. Target has NOTHING! I tried on some pants and looked ridiculous. They are huge in the thigh and butt. I apparently have neither. :( The maternity section at Target is comprised of about 5 racks of huge shirts and 1 rack of ugly pants. Poo. We tried Old Navy. First, I must say, all you non-pregnant women need to get in there because they have so much cute stuff. The maternity section there is just as bad, if not worse than target. I found some maternity pants that actually came in a size. They fit wonderful on the waist but are flares, so I might take them in. Flares on a pregnant chic to me don't make much sense.... I prefer skinny jeans/pants anyways. I spoiled myself and bought some other shirts that I can wear now and when I've popped my baby out. This something I never do so I felt both excited and guilt. Mostly guilt though....Ugh. I have a problem.

Monday I also got a KILLER deal on curtians for the nursery at Target. We put one set up on the closet yesterday...so again I don't have a picture. I'm slacking major. I promise to post more. They are sheer white with black circles. Really cute. I'm so pleased.

Monday night I went to bed in such a fabulous mood due to my bargain shopping. I woke up the next morning full of spunk and still in a fabulous mood. I think that baby Silva is going to be a happy baby. I think he has his own little supply of sunshine and shares with me occasionally. Planning the nursery has got to be one of the most exciting things I've done. It has been so much more fun that even planning a wedding. That was just stressful. Preparing for this baby has made me so happy. I just love being pregnant. 

Oh yes, and I can't forget. We started a registry at Target. I have been doing all kinds of research on products, since I am clueless on baby stuff. I am learning so much! The registry isn't complete but I hope to have it finished sometime soon. I have a lot more things to research. Like a breast pump....I have absolutely no clue which one is best. Ugh..... who knows!!

We are having major difficulties in picking a name. I swear I get asked a million times a day if we have a name picked out. NO! hehe. I want to pick a name with both love but we just can't reach that agreement yet. Who knew naming a baby would be so difficult?! I can't beleive it. We had a girl name all picked out but the boy name is so much more difficult. I am hoping to have one selected soon. You may be seeing a survey sent out on names.... :)

We have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday so I am really excited to see my little creature. I will post our findings. Hopefully he shows his face this time. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment