Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 18

Size of Baby: Length of Bell Pepper (5.5 inches & 7 Oz)
Major Developments: Flexing arms and legs, blood vessels are visible through skin, ears are in final position.


So I was really bad!! I forgot to post about my 18th week last night. I was super tired. That has been the theme of this week - lethargic!

So over the weekend I finally came down from my high from our ultrasound. I literally did not get anything done at work the day of the ultrasound. Everyone wanted to know about the little Silva baby. I'm telling you, this little creature is going to be in demand when it is born. I'm going to have to stand in line to hold it!

I was supposed to go shopping this past weekend but didn't because we weren't sure about the sex of the baby. I did go looking around a little though. I've been watching a lot of decorating shows on HGTV. They have been doing a lot of rooms with funky and exciting wall paper. I have always thought that wall paper was so 90's and earlier but, man, they are coming out with some super cute styles! We found the cutest wall paper at Lowes! This one is one of my favorites:

I really wanted a yellow and grey theme so this fits in perfectly. The only thing that doesn't work is the fabric I had looked at before. This paper will go under the chair rail that is already up in the nursery. The top section is already gold. I may have to re-think my fabric choices if I decide to go with this paper. I'm going to go in again and check it out. This upcoming weekend is going to be a shopping weekend for me! I cannot wait! I found out my Grandma Frandsen will be in town on the 10th which is when my ultrasound is coincidentally. We are going to go shopping then too. Fun fun fun!

This weekend we did some organization in the house. We moved the desk out of the nursery and into our bedroom. This meant I finally got to set up my beautiful sewing machine! I cannot wait to put some fabric through it! We have the room pretty much cleared out now. We were using it for all of our luggage and holiday decorations. We are having to get real creative on where to put these things now that the baby is in the picture. We are going to outgrow this tiny house in no time! The good news is we have made some progress. We only have 4.5 months to go!!

I'm finally starting to gain a pound or two here. I love having my baby bump and can't wait for it to get bigger but I just don't want stretch mark central after our little creature arrives. Impossible right? I would still like to look good in a swim suit, which may be asking for too much. I think my mind set is expect the worst and be happy with what you have. I saw an article on babycenter.com about what bellies look like after delivery. Man, that really frightened me! Some people were still thin but they had a lot of extra skin. You can't really get rid of skin! I'm really terrified for how I am going to look afterwards. I guess I just have to realize that every pregnancy is different. It doesn't help that in the same day I read that article, I watched a show on TLC about a lady who was 600 LBS and her 7 year process. It was an amazing story but I just had these visions of having so much extra belly skin that I trip on it! Maybe I'm over reacting! This week I went in and bought some coco butter. I know this won't prevent the stretch marks but we can all dream right? I'm sure once I get there it will all be worth it, I'm just a freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment