Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 19

Major Developments: Sensory development is progressing, baby can hear my voice, arms and legs are the right proportion to the body, and kidneys are producing urine.
Size of baby: Heirloom Tomato. About 8.5 Oz and 6 inches long



Week 19 over!!! The 5th month is finally here. Week 19 was so much fun. As I mentioned earlier, I did some wallpapering over the weekend. We are finally going to start doing more baby stuff each weekend. Next weekend, I'd like to start on re-finishing the dresser for the nursery. Well, I'll "supervise" and Eric will work, since I can't be around the chemicals. Dang it!!

Friday night, I had a strange pain in my stomach near my diaphragm. I didn't have much of an appetite, and felt generally pretty yucky. The next morning, I woke up and I swear that my bump grew over night! It is finally starting to take shape. Since I blog a week behind, the pictures above were taken before my growth spurt. My week 20 pictures will be fun to share because I'm really getting bigger!! It is soooo fun. I love my growing bump. I feel like I got ripped off because it took nearly 5 months to start showing. I feel like my pregnancy is flying by! I wish I could slow time down because it is so fun to experience. I feel like the baby will be here before I can even blink my eyes. I just want to savor it all before its over!!

I have been feeling fine other than this new stretching sensation in my belly. I was telling my sister Megan that I feel like my insides are being stretched out on a medieval torture weapons. Its a really strange feeling. I just imagine my baby stretched completely out, using my ribs as a kick start to try and squeeze in some extra room. I think he's trying to do me a favor by trying to make me a little taller. Funny guy. Every time I feel this, I think that my belly is going to get bigger suddenly like it did on Friday. hehe. We'll see.

Eric has been a real cutie. Since we learned that the baby can hear now, he has been talking to my belly each day. He's hoping when the baby arrives, it will recognize his voice. I think its so cool how that can really happen! I was joking with my Mom and sister Bre that the baby isn't going to recognize my voice because I am always using an accent with them. My family is really weird and we always talk in accent. My baby is going to be so confused!!!

Something Eric and I are really struggling with is naming our little creature. Since we are pretty sure its a boy, we have just been focusing on the boy names. Plus, we've had a girl name picked out for years. Bijou Mabel Silva. The boy names are much harder to commit to. We have made a list of names and tried to narrow them down. We just can't agree on our top choices. All I know for sure is I want the middle name to be Yorke for a boy. We want our baby to have a unique name so that they aren't the same as all of the other kids in its class. We also don't want it to be so weird that the kid hates it or people can't pronounce it. Ugh.... this naming business is hard work. Its a decision that lasts forever!!!! I'll keep you updated on our decision.
This weekend, my Frandsen Grandparents will be in town. This is just in time for my 20 week ultrasound. This ultrasound will (hopefully) let us know what the baby is. I have invited my Grandparents and Mom to the Ultrasound. I wanted to invite my Grandma to the ultrasound because she hasn't been able to be involved in some of the other pregnancy related stuff since she is so far away. This is going to be a full house! I can't wait to see how much my little creature has grown in 2 weeks. Hopefully, soon after the ultrasound we will have a name so I can stop calling it creature, creaton, and it. Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment