Friday, March 30, 2012

Week 26


Major Developments: Nerves in ears are better developed, inhaling and exhaling more amniotic fluid (little fish), putting on the fat, can detect light through optic nerve
Size of baby: Length of English Hothouse Cucumber (14 Inches)


I’m a couple days behind on my blogging. Ugh. I’ve been a lazy mamma. 

Week 26 was a good one. Megan finally came to visit. We got to do some baby stuff together while she was here. She was totally amazed by my belly. It is pretty spectacular if I must say so myself. He He. This visit was the first time she has seen me with an actual baby bump. When she moved to Portland, I was still pretty much my normal self. It’s funny because I have actually passed her in weight. She must be thrilled!

Saturday I nearly had a mishap at the dentist’s office. I’ve been having a harder time breathing, which I read is due to my womb putting pressure on my lungs or diaphragm. So the dentist had me tilted at this really strange level. I was having a hard time breathing so I had him sit me up. I think the angle was making things worse. So when he sat me up I was getting all sweaty and dizzy. I’m like, oh geez, here I go passing out at the dentist office. Luckily I felt better after a couple minutes and didn’t pass out… Weird!

Megan, Bre, & I made the cutest dang owls in the world. We are making a owl mobile for the crib. We made the out of felt and some extra stuffing I had around the house. The project was super simple & cheap but a little time consuming. We used the template at the following website: http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2011/06/owl-mobile-with-tree-template.html I don’t have a picture of the finished mobile (because I have a thousand half finished projects) but here is a picture of one of the 4 owls and the tree.
 
I also ended up making a fellow preggers an owl gift. She has an owl themed nursery, so I thought that this little door hanger would be perfect. It says “Owl be Sleeping”. I was so proud to have come up with the idea myself. Eric says I’m always stealing other people’s ideas on Pinterest, but now I can give back to the crafter community!

Sunday Megan, & I went shopping. I was planning on getting a few maternity pants because I need more than one. Hardly any stores have maternity clothes and the ones that do have about 3 items to choose from. H&M has the most decent maternity section that I have seen thus far. They had quite a few pants but they were slightly more than I was looking to spend on something I’ll wear for the next 90 days. I was highly disappointed that the forever 21 & old navy at this mall didn’t have maternity sections. I kept trying on different shirts which all turned out to be huge failures. It was actually getting really depressing. I’m not a huge shopper. I actually usually find shopping to be pretty depressing. Shopping pregnant is highly depressing. My mood was lightened when I found a super cute dress at Old Navy that can be worn post pregnancy. I ended up getting a pair of maternity shorts and maternity capris at the Motherhood store. Not the cutest things on the planet, but they will do. Plus, I got a $20 card for Shutterfly after I bought the pants. Score!!!!! I absolutely adore that website. I found this funny pregnancy cartoon… I wonder what all the other pregnancy commandments are…

The baby is really growing. He has always irritated my ribs but it’s really getting to be an everyday all day thing. He likes to hang out near my rib cage and it is super painful. I think he’s screwed my muscles up or something. Not a position I get into standing, sitting, or laying feels good. I feel like I complain too much. I don’t want to be that person that complains so much that people start to ignore. I think I have finally hit that point in pregnancy where it turns from rainbows and sunshine all day and transitions to overcast with possible chances of severe thunderstorms. I think next month I’ll be in full hurricane watch. I’m just happy that I’m not completely miserable yet. Happy thoughts.

Yesterday I got to take the day off and hang out with Megan, since she left this morning. We went to ikea and got some super cute frames, a shelf, and a cute side table for the rocker. 

We also got some fabric at Joanns for the pouf I am making. I can’t wait!! This is what we chose. I got a killer deal, that’s how I roll.

This upcoming weekend is going to be super busy. I’m going to try and get all my unfinished projects finished because Eric’s Dad is moving here on Tuesday! Eeek. We have so much to do. It’ll be nice to not have projects every place possible in the house. Next week I should have a lot more pictures of everything for the nursery.
Wish us luck with the move & busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment