Thursday, May 10, 2012

Week 32


Major Developments: Baby should have toenails, fingernails, and real hair (if any. He better have some!!) Baby’s skin is becoming soft and smooth. Lanugo (protective hair coving baby’s body) is starting to shed.
Size of Baby: Large Jicama (Whatever that is)


Week 32 was a bit frustrating in the beginning. As most of you know, we have been struggling to name our little critter. On Thursday, we decided to set ourselves the final deadline for naming baby. We have set deadlines before but they have all been ignored in the past. I wasn’t about to let this one go by. I am getting so sick of the whole name debate! Eric and I agree on everything we just don’t know what to choose. We tried to choose something on Friday, which didn’t work. Saturday we really really tried. I was getting extremely discouraged. I felt guilty thinking that maybe I wasn’t connecting with the baby or something. I just felt bad that I couldn’t name him. Then I started thinking, am I one of those mom’s that will need to see their baby before they name it? I really didn’t want it to come down to that. Eric was convinced that we didn’t need to wait and that wasn’t our problem. So I just started feeling really bad about it. We were debating between Ollivander & Grayson but I just started wondering if maybe we couldn’t decide because there was another name out there. The thought of going back to the drawing board was more than I could handle. We ended up going to Barnes and Noble to look through book names. NOTHING stood out. We even did more research online. So Sunday rolled around and we still hadn’t decided. We told each other we were going to write down our name and show each other by the end of the day. Eric went to the movies with his pals and I stayed home to sew. I sat there for a good hour thinking about it. I wrote the names down a thousand times – first and last together, first last & middle together, nicknames and last name together, everything. That wasn’t helping. So finally I started looking at all of his ultrasound pictures. I finally came to a conclusion. To me he looked more like one name than the other. When Eric got home, he showed me his choice and luckily we agreed!!!! So….. we have finally named our baby. I’ll have an update on what our choice was after Megan gets here. We decided that since we have been so retarded about the whole naming business we may as well go out with a bang and have a “name revealing party” of sorts when Megan gets here on Monday. All of you readers must wait another few days. Hehehehe! I feel so relieved to have that decision made. It was really getting ridiculous.

Saturday, before we went to Barnes & Noble, we went to the Baby Gap just to get out of the house. They have so much cute stuff there. I felt like they had more girl stuff though. I want to get him at least one outfit from there. Maybe one for when he is older since babies grow so much in the beginning. I got a super silly hat while I was there though. I think it will be precious for the newborn pictures. I have seen so many new born pictures where the baby is wearing some sort of animal hat. This one will be perfect.

While we were at the mall, just about every person we passed felt the need to stare at me. There was even a little kid that started walking behind me mocking the way I was walking like I was a fattie. Eric turned around and asked him what the heck he was doing. Where have all the smiling strangers gone? Rude guys. I really need to get my braces off. I don’t think that helps at all. I started thinking maybe once I’m not pregnant and without braces the dirty looks will end. I doubt this. Maybe people will think the baby is my brother rather than thinking I’m a teen mom. Who knows. I took my 17 year old sister to the bank and they thought we were the same age. People are very quick to judge. Whatever. 

Sunday I got some sewing done for the nursery. I was focusing on getting all of my pillows done that day. I never get as much done as I expect to get done. I made my own pattern, which was a total mess. The measurements were off but I finally figured it out. I ended up putting a whale on the pillows. So dang cute. I was so impressed with myself. I’m going to stitch the baby’s name under the whale since I accidentally didn’t center it. Here is what it looks like for now:
 
Sunday I also ended up buying some of the fabric for my diapers. I cannot wait to start on them. I’ve been dreaming about it and everything. They are going to be so dang cute! Disposable diapers are seriously lacking in the cuteness department. I can probably get started on cutting out the diaper covers out. I’m going to be making 15-20 of them. They look pretty easy though. I just have to buy a little snap adding tool before I can really get started on sewing them. I’ll probably pick that up this weekend. I can’t wait, I can’t wait!

Monday I started to notice that the belly band on my favorite maternity pants is starting to get a little tighter. Baby must be growing a lot in there. Thankfully the pants still fit me everywhere else. They are my absolute favorite. I’m going to have to find a pair like them after baby comes that aren’t maternity style. Hopefully these will last me until the end. If not, I’m really going to have to get creative! I’ve only got 3 pairs of pants I can wear. The weird part about my belly getting bigger is my weight gain. I have fluctuated between 135 & 136 for the past 6 weeks. I’m supposed to be gaining a pound a week. If it is still like this by my next appointment (next week) I’m going to ask the doctor. I know the baby is growing, but why isn’t the weight going up? I keep waiting to pass the 30 lbs gained mark. I should have passed it by now. Who knows. I’m sure the doctor would have said something if they were concerned. I just think that it’s weird. It’s as if I’ve plateaued. 

Monday also marked the 1 week until Megan gets home date. Wooooo Hooo. We have so much planned for when she gets back. We have been discussing my maternity pictures a lot. We are doing them the weekend she gets back. I can’t wait!! I just hope I’m big enough. I don’t really have anything in particular that I’m looking for in my pictures, just cuteness. We are both super excited to be doing them. Next come the newborn pictures, which will be even more exciting! All we do is wait, wait, and wait. 

Monday has also become our "Ice Cream Monday" ritual. Baby loves it. There is a delicious ice cream shop that has $1 ice cream scoops. I have been getting the cotton candy ice cream because you can't get it everywhere. I love that kind. Eric thinks its for kids. On Monday I saw another adult getting a scoop of its delicious glory. Confirmation that cotton candy ice cream is not only for preggers or children. Woo.

Hormones have become a serious problem as of late. I'm a ball of fury sometimes. Tuesday I was super pissed off. Morning commutes with this preggers behind the wheel has lead to new cases of road rage. People just piss me off to no end now a days. When we finally got to the office, this lady walking out of my office just stared with wide eyes at my belly. I wanted to slap her. I couldn't help myself but to say, Yes, I'm pregnant after she walked away. My mom was with me and couldn't believe the look I was getting. She asked if I get that often and I'm like.... ummm yup. That's the new thing for strangers. At that point I was about to rip the face off of the next person that gives me a dirty look. Isn't pregnancy supposed to be looked at as a beautiful thing? Ugh. I really feel like I can't control the things that fly out of my mouth. The grumpiness is different than regular PMS, which I don't think is much of a problem for me. This type of grumpiness is controlled by some demon somewhere. I just get purely angry! And I'm a super peaceful person. Driving really pisses me off. Poor Eric. Luckily he doesn't piss me off. The funny thing is, the day I was super grumpy in the morning, I called Eric. He answers the phone saying "Oh geez, what is it now" He knew judging by the texts I was sending him I was a ticking time bomb. I was laughing so hard at how grumpy I was. He asks, "Are you laughing or crying". HAHA! Man, you know you are pregnant when your husband has to ask if you are crying or laughing.

So now that I feel like the baby is starting to drop down a little, I am noticing more bladder issues. The other night, we were watching “Worlds Dumbest” on truetv. We absolutely love that show. It’s either southern hillbillies being idiots or Russians doing something crazy and silly. Something happened on the show that literally made me pee my pants a bit. I really don’t think that would have been a problem had I not been pregnant. It made me think of a youtube video I saw a few weeks back. It’s pretty funny because it’s so true. Check it out:
 

The other day I had some very strange heartburn. It was around my throat rather than my chest. I have heard wives tales that heartburn is a sign of hair on your little babies head. Wouldn’t that be nice? I don’t get a lot of heartburn so I doubt that baby has any hair. I did get it twice this week though… pray for hair people! I want a baby with a fuzzy little noggin. With my luck, he won’t have any. I did not have hair for years when I was a baby. We don’t know if Eric had much at birth but know he had a little judging by one of the few baby pictures we have seen. Here’s the proof.

 Anywho. I'm still really anxious for baby to get here. Despite all of the grumpiness and dirty looks, I still love pregnancy, no matter how much I complain. I just can't wait to see my little baby.

2 comments:

  1. I read through some of your posts after searching for ultrasound images, and came across yours, which ultimately lead me here. I think the way you are documenting your pregnancy is adorable, and I found your posts to be humorous, and very real. Thank you for that. Your nursery is darling!!! Best wishes to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am truly flattered. Thank you so much!

      Delete