Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weeks 33 & 34



Week 33
Major Developments: Skeleton is hardening, except for bones in the skull. Baby should gain another half pound per week until he arrives.
Size of Baby: Weight of Pineapple





I’m really bad. I didn’t blog last week. I had a crazy busy week. I was prepping all week for my big weekend of pictures.

Before I get ahead of myself, let me back track. The Saturday before Mother’s Day I had planned on cranking out a lot of my crafts for the nursery. I was slightly distracted. Bre and I went to her work to buy little baby Silva some shoes for the upcoming photo shoot. We went a little crazy…… I ended up buying 4 pairs and Bre bought one pair. Bre works at a consignment store for babies and they sell really nice high quality stuff. A lot of it is major name brand. We got the cutest baby gap “Birkenstocks”. The intent of this shopping trip was to get a pair of shoes that are similar to hightop converse chucks, which is what Eric wears. We wanted to take a picture of his shoes and the baby shoes. We found some that were similar along with the others I couldn’t resist buying. Baby shoes are just so dang cute. Shoes are one of my weaknesses. I love them to death. My poor baby is going to have shoes coming out of his ears, just like mommy.


I was also distracted that day by a peach picking festival at Schnepf Farms. Eric, Bre, and I went to the farm to get fresh peaches right off of the tree. Man was it hot. I’m telling you, peach picking is not for preggers. I was sweating to death. I spent most of the time there drinking water rather than doing the actual picking. Bre and Eric took care of that part. Baby and I were disappointed that we had picked off of a tree that was full of unripe peaches. We had to wait a few days to eat them. Once the peaches ripened, baby and I devoured them. Tasty tasty! It was worth the sweat storm after all! Here are my little peach pickers:

And here is my little "piggy":
  
Mother’s day fell during week 33. Eric and I did not celebrate. I had decided since baby isn’t officially here yet, that I’m not officially a mother. I mean I guess I am, but not in the usual sense. We’ll celebrate next year. A lady at work joked that I better not have the baby before father’s day so that Eric doesn’t get an extra holiday - funny lady. Other people thought that I should be celebrating. Megan and Amy both sent me cards for my “first” mother’s day. How cute of them. Amy also sent me a super cute scarf, which I planned to wear in my maternity shots. I really do have the best family ever.


 For mother’s day, my family went to a diamondbacks game. My mom loves baseball. This was baby’s first game. Walking to the stadium from our parking was hot!! Again, I was sweating to death. Luckily, I wore a dress so I had a little more of a breeze on my sweaty legs. I swear, I don’t think I have ever sweated this much in my life. And it’s not even full blown summer yet. It’s only around 100 right now. They handed out little guitar fans at the door. Eric and Bre were being funny and fanning the baby as we walked to our seats. I think I spent half of the game gnawing on any snack I could find. Baby would do lots of kicks when there was a lot of cheering. It was funny. Maybe he’ll like baseball when he’s bigger. We’ll see. My mom will probably school him on all things diamondbacks. It was a fun game.Here is my little bump at the game:



Sunday night, I made fortune cookies from scratch for our name reveal party. I could hardly wait to get them out. We were waiting for Megan’s arrival to announce the name.  She finally got home Monday night. We were waiting for Bre to get off work before going over. Poor Eric had something similar to a gallbladder attack. He had the surgery to have the stones removed but he has some other things that have to be taken out too. We almost didn’t go over to my parent’s house to announce the name. I was really worried and thought he needed to go to the hospital. Eric is a very stubborn guy. I hope baby isn’t stubborn about going to the doctor like his daddy is. Ugh! Anyways, we went to my mom’s house to announce the name and brought Eric’s dad with us. My mom has been a real pest about the names we were deciding on. Hehe. No offense mom. She really did not like one of our top two names – Ollivander. We decided to play a little trick on everyone when the fortune cookies were opened. We put in all of the names that we had seriously considered and put the winning name in red. The funny part of it was when my mom opened her cookie, her fortune said Ollivander Yorke. She says, “Seriously?!!!!” What if we really had chosen that name? I wonder what she would have done. We should have just to be brats. Hehe. Anyways… Tyson got the fortune cookie with the right name in it. The name inside was….. drum roll please….. Grayson Yorke Silva. Everyone was happy with the choice. We were so relieved to have a name finalized! That was what I needed to have so I could finish all of my nursery decorations.




 Megan came over the next day to do nursery crafts. We planned to make the name décor for the room. After shopping for everything we needed, we stopped at Tyson’s band concert. While I was sitting there I was thinking to myself, wow, one day I’ll be one of these parents in here watching their little kids. Crazy!!! We got the name décor done, which we were really happy about. It is going to be hung over the crib. There will be more pictures to come once Megan finishes up my maternity pictures.


Week 34

Major Developments: Fat layers are filling out, which will help regulate the baby’s body temperature.  Central nervous system is maturing as well as the lungs. Baby is to point where he will have little to no health problems if born premature!

Size of baby: Weight of average Cantaloupe and around 18 inches long.

 

Week 34 was another super busy week.

Every day this week I worked on one nursery project or another. There was no time for rest. Megan and Bre came over to help with projects as well. Megan made a super cute banner for the Maternity pictures with Grayson’s name on it.

We had a doctor’s appointment on wed. No ultrasound this time, unfortunately. The doctor said I probably won’t need another ultrasound unless they need to check something. That means I won’t see little baby Grayson until he comes! Ugh! That is a long time to wait. I asked my doctor why I hadn’t been gaining weight and if it is ok. He said that it just means that I am really healthy. I am only putting on lean weight and the baby is gaining healthy weight. To put it in a PG version, he said that just means I have a lot more people calling me names after I deliver, in regards to my weight. He is just hilarious. I hope he is right. Who wouldn’t hope for a quick rebound after delivery? Dr. Guzman always gives us way more information than we can possibly process, but he is funny about it. I asked him what his opinions are on early induction. He doesn’t usually induce early unless there is a problem that puts the baby and me at risk. So he is planning on having me go through all 40 weeks. He did say that he will induce after 40 weeks though. I don’t think I will go early naturally. I have read so much about your first baby being over its due date. People are convinced that I will go early but I am convinced I’ll be late. If I am late, and I can choose to be induced maybe I could choose the date too. Maybe I can choose July 1st and baby and I can be a month apart. The doctor told us we need to make sure the nurses know that we only want “Guzman’s hands on our child”. Funny guy. We haven’t told him we are naming the baby Grayson yet. I think its going to go straight to his silly head because that is his name. We’ll see.

We also signed up for birthing classes and a breast feeding class. I think that will help me a lot with my anxieties about delivery. Either that or make it worse. I just hope my hormones are under control that day. I don’t want to go home a crying mess. The birthing class is a full day – 8:30 to 4:30. They had classes that were split up but they ran into my due date, which wasn’t going to work. I have been thinking more about the whole epidural thing lately. It really scares me. Dr. Guzman says it does not affect the baby at all. I’m just nervous about getting the actual epidural. I watched some on youtube and it scared me to death. I started crying my eyes out because I was telling Eric I was really worried that I’m not strong enough to deliver a baby. I wish I could do it without an epidural, so I could skip over the whole needle part, I just don’t think I am brave enough to go without medicine. I have never been through anything too painful before so I have no clue what my tolerance for pain is. I have heard from several people now that you are so numb when you have an epidural that you don’t even feel the baby coming out. I thought that even with an epidural you’d feel some pain, which I was ok with. I don’t know if I want to be completely numb but I don’t know if I can handle how painful it must be. Most women that I talk to that have done it both ways say go with the epidural. Who knows…. I’m going to see what kind of information I get in the birthing class and then make a decision about it. I’m really excited about my breastfeeding class. I have so many questions about that and I am really clueless on the whole topic. My aunt Amy was the only one I was around who nursed so I just don’t have a clue. I really need to be schooled on that.

Eric works with a bunch of women in his department. He is the only guy in the whole thing. The girls he works with are super sweet. They threw him a surprise shower. It didn’t turn out to be too much of a surprise because he knew about it. 2 of his managers had it on their email calendars, which he has access to. He thought the shower was for me, so it was slightly surprising for him. These girls went totally crazy. Everything was decorated so cute! They did a yellow and gray theme, just like our nursery. Everything was covered in owls too. They know that I love owls. I think Eric also may have told them the nursery is owl themed. It’s not really owl themed…. The owls just sort of made their way in there. Don’t ask me how. Everyone brought a dish, and man was there some tasty things to eat. One girl brought the most delicious banana pudding. It was adorable too. Here is the recipe she used. It is to die for!!
We played a measurement game. There were about 20 or more people at the shower so there were lots of people all up in my business measuring me after they had guessed. It was funny to see what people perceived to be my measurements. One lady was almost completely on! I couldn’t believe it. I guess she’s been checking my baby bump out in the halls. Just kidding. He he. They had planned more games but we ran out of time for them unfortunately. We were all too busy socializing during our lunch.  When they had the present opening, Eric though he could pass that off on me. Nope, I told him it was his shower, he had to open all of the presents. They went absolutely nuts. I was overwhelmed by their generosity. They gave us a car seat and the pack and play off of our registry. That in its self was overboard. They also gave us all kinds of outfits, socks, hats, and anything cute in the store. I couldn’t believe it.  A lot of other people gave us gift cards and clothes. I just couldn’t get over how nice everyone was to us. We are going to be set by time this baby comes. It’s crazy.







My department had a little baby shower for me as well on Friday. This one was supposed to be a surprise as well but someone spilled the beans to me. My friend Michael in my department got me the absolute cutest cake I have seen in my life. It was insane. It was this super cute owl cake that said Grayson Yorke Silva on it. It was prettier than my wedding cake for crying out loud. I hardly wanted to cut it! Everyone was super nice in this shower too. My department ended up getting me the pack and pay on my registry too. I think both departments went shopping on the same day. We played a measurements game in this shower as well. We got lots of cute cloths and baby bath stuff. This baby is going to smell dang good! He got lots of butt cream as well. He he.

  
After work the day of my shower I went with a friend to a ladies house who does a scrap book club. She wanted to tell us about her products and we also made a card. While I was there, I was having the strangest feelings. I had so much pressure in my hips. My stomach was hard as a rock too. I’m wondering if I was having Braxton hicks. I am having a really hard time telling the difference from a Braxton Hicks contraction and the baby making a lump on my belly. This night was something totally different too. It was on and off again for about 2 hours. When I got home I ended up staying up until 2 am working on the nursery. I made the absolute cutest clothes dividers for the closet. I’m in love!!! I was also really impressed with myself that I had stayed up so late!


The day of the maternity shoot was totally exhausting. We woke up early to get all of the errands done and finish up any crafts. Megan came over and helped too. I worked on all of my projects until we started the shoot. The room is finally done, excluding one pillow back that still needs to go on. The pictures went fabulously. We did some cool bump pictures in my room. Some bare, some covered. I put on some pre-pregnancy jeans in these pictures. I knew I wouldn't be able to button them but I was nervous to see if I could pull them up. They still fit!! Of course excluding the zipping and buttoning. They were a little tighter than usual so that does confirm I've gained slightly in my legs and butt. Wooo. We made a bunch of props for the pictures too. We ended up using the balloons from my shower in the pictures too.  I really wanted to take pictures in the corn field behind my house so we did. It was a little too bright when we started. We also took my rocker out to a field. Like an idiot, I decided to wear six in wedge shoes in a field. I could barely walk. Megan had to hold me up. I also had total stump leg from being on my feet all day. I couldn't even strap up my shoes on one leg. It was ridiculous! I was so tired towards the end of the shoot. I could hardly move on but I tried not to look tired for my pictures. We ended up with take out Chinese food since we were both pooped from the day. I’m super anxious to see the pictures. I know that they are going to be fabulous! Megan is hoping to get a boost in clientele from them. She’s so talented!!! Once I get the pics I will post them. Then you all can see the full spectrum of cuteness in the nursery too!




Since we worked so hard on Saturday, we kind of lounged around for a while on Sunday. I ended up going to Joanns to get more fabric for my diaper covers. I cannot wait to get started on them. I got really productive and made 120 cookies for all of our coworkers who attended the showers. I made Jello cookies, which turned out to be cute and easy. http://www.iheartnaptime.net/jello-cookies/. I also got really ambitious and wrote about 35 thank you cards.

Eric has started to notice all of the dirty looks I have been getting. At our Monday night ice cream ritual more people were staring with dirty looks. People are not even ashamed to give me dirty looks and stare. Eric has started to notify me when I am getting a death glare from random people. Come on. Seriously people? Let’s get over it. Eric also had another gallstone attack that night. He went into the doctor to schedule his next procedure. It will be on the 30th and will be a little more complicated than his last surgery. They have to cut into his bile duct to get the remaining stones. He’ll have to spend the night in the hospital because the procedure carries a 10% chance of pancreatitis. Ugh. We will both be relieved to have this over with. Just in time for baby. I hope he is completely healed by time Grayson gets here. Those car seat carriers are pretty heavy.

Health wise, everything is still going well. I think the baby is starting to drop. I’m feeling more pressure on my hips and feeling it more often. I’m also starting to feel more kicks in different areas of m belly. Usually, I feel kicks under my rib cage on the right side. I’m now starting to feel them towards the middle of my belly. That little Grayson better stay upside down. We don’t want any breech babies!! I have still been going to the gym. I am progressively starting to lose more and more strength. It is incredible how much weaker I am. I’m still staying under 25lbs when I’m lifting. When I had to drop down to 25lbs it was way too easy. Now I totally struggle. I listen to my body though and don’t work out too hard. This week, a lady at the gym told me I looked good. It was nice to have a stranger actually appreciate my pregnancy instead of giving me dirty looks. I wonder how long I can keep going to the gym. That is something I am going to ask my doctor when I go in next. He knows I am going and hasn’t said anything about stopping. I guess I will just go until the end if I can.

When I passed out my thank you cards, a coworker had something nice to say. She said to enjoy these last weeks of feeling life inside myself. Birth is beautiful and that is what makes birthdays so special. (She is the birthday fairy in my department). I thought that was really nice. Pretty soon here I will be entering my last 4 weeks. One month until the due date on May 27th. I’d like to somehow celebrate my pregnancy for the last 31 days. It has been such a positive experience and I have loved it. I just need to brainstorm how to celebrate. I’m still just baffled that I have a little person inside of me. I know there is a little person inside because I have seen the pictures. I just always imagine him as a baby bump when I imagine him. I was telling Eric I feel like they are going to give me a giant baby belly wrapped in a blanket after delivery. I have grown so attached to my baby bump. Eric says I’m going to be lost without it. I really wish I could keep it forever. I’m just having a hard time connecting the two – the image of my little baby and the fact that he is in my belly. It sounds weird, I know. It is just amazing to think about. I can’t even comprehend how this whole thing works. I mean I know how it works but I’m just amazed by the whole thing. Who knows. Eric and I will just be sitting there wide eyed when we see our little Grayson.  

I think that has gotten us up to speed. No more skipping weeks on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment