Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas Baby Silva

So its official, Eric & I just shared our last Christmas childless. Next year, our little creature will be 6 months old for Christmas. I can image it will be more interested in the boxes than the actual presents, but that's ok.

Christmas was great this year (not like its not ever great). We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house. We had our annual Christmas Eve lasagna dinner. Tasty!! Baby Silva sure loved it. We opened our annual Christmas Eve PJs too. I told my mom next year Eric & I will have to provide our little family with our own PJs since we will be grown ups then. hehe. We had to wake up at 6:30 am to open presents on Christmas morning because my dad had to work from 8 - 12. Dumb Apple!! I was so happy with everything I got. I got a bunch of kitchen stuff and...... a sewing machine!!!! My Frandsen Grandparents and Eric teamed up on the sneakiness and bought the machine together. I was seriously so excited that I forgot all about being pregnant and picked it right up. I'm not supposed to lift anything over 25 lbs. I'm pretty sure it was heavier than that. I really really really really wanted one. Especially with the baby on the way. I'm going to have a lot to sew. My family also loaded me up on owl stuff too. Creaton is going to come into this world and think that every house on the block is filled with owls... nope... just ours. I told my family I felt like I was either a newly wed or a 50's wife who wants nothing but home-making stuff. :) Very happy :) Oh and breaking news: I received my first maternity clothes! My new aunt Stephanie sent me a cute maternity shirt. That thing has a lot of space in it. Christmas dinner was ham and funeral potatoes. I was really looking forward to that ham. I haven't had any ham since getting pregnant because it is on the no no list unless it is really hot. Soooo tasty.


All Christmas day I was dying to go to a fabric store. I am planning to make all of the bedding for the babies crib. I have found a few websites with really cute ideas. Today I went to Joanns with Bre. We had a hayday in there. The possiblities are endless for crib stuff. We couldn't contain our excitement. We decided we are really mad at Creaton because we don't know what it is. We decided we have to wait to pick out fabric until we find out the sex......... I don't know if I can wait that long. Its going to be at least 4 -6 more weeks. Ugh! We also decided that the paint color is going to be determined by the fabric of the crib. Yes, I finally convinced Eric that we needed to paint the bottom half of the walls in the nursery. Bre and I went to find gray paint samples to go with the grey and gold theme.  We have a couple picked out but won't know for sure until we pick fabric. Its either going to be a brown gray or a purple gray, depending on what this little creature turns out to be. I seriously cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment