Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 10


 So I screwed up my weeks. Week 10 the baby is actually the size of a kumquat, not week 9. I get myself confused because I am always blogging at the end of the pregnancy week. So no fun picture showing the size, you already saw it last week.

My baby has now completed the most critical portion of developments. It will now enter into a rapid pace a growth. So pretty soon its  goodbye toes, hello bump. I also read that the webbing between the fingers and toes has disappeared. Hopefully. (No offense Joni & Megan!!!) There is a family trait on the Thomas side that involves webbed toes. My sister Megan calls them her webbies.  They really aren't that noticeable, but it will be interesting to see if my little creaton lost its webs this week.

Something I noticed with the end of week 10 is my taste buds bipolar activity. This weekend, we went out for lunch suuuuper hungry. Once our appetizer was gone, everything else tasted bleh. I don't know if baby just wants the same type of food in one setting or what. Its just very weird. I'm not digging it because I sure like to eat. Another problem I have been having is feeling extremely faint. I have always had a problem with passing out if I haven't had enough to eat. It has something to do with my blood sugar. Now that I am preggers, it is on overdrive. If I haven't had a snack for an hour or two, I'm finding that I have to sit down because I get that feeling when you are going to pass out. It is miserable. I almost would rather be sick than have that faint feeling. I think that might be a theme throughout my pregnancy. I'm going to ask my doctor about it at my next visit. My mom mentioned I need to ask my doctor about gestational diabetes,since I have always battled with blood sugar issues. Gestational diabetes doesn't really happen until way later in pregnancy, thank goodness. I guess something to make the doctor aware of. Other than those two issues, I have felt pretty normal.

As I have been inching my way towards the 2nd trimester a few more people at work have found out the good news. Mostly because my mom has a big mouth. :) I have told my friends at work but am I'm still waiting to tell the others until I am further along. A former co-worker is preggers as well. I saw her during week 10 so I got the pleasure of finally talking to someone else who is pregnant. She is 20 weeks along so twice as far into pregnancy as me. She just found out the sex of her baby so I am getting anxious to know what our little critter is. We  were laughing about our sense of smell and how we can smell ants crossing the street.



I am currently trying to convince my husband that we need to paint our spare bedroom when we turn it into a nursery. The walls are currently painted gold & maroon with a white chair rail molding in the middle. He is adamant about not painting. Those are seriously not baby colors. My halfway point compromise is to paint the lower half of the wall grey so I can do a grey & yellow theme. I think that would be so fun, modern, & gender friendly. I'm hoping to get a sewing machine so I can make some cute crib bedding & pillows for the couch that I'm sure I'll spend countless nights on. My Grandma Frandsen is a master on a sewing machine so I will probably have to call on her expertise to guide me through a few things. I think I'm going to start looking for patterns soon. Let me know if you know of any cute crib patterns all you crafters.

Well, that's all I know. Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment