Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Week 13

Size of Baby: 3 inches long or Size of Medium Shrimp
 Major Developments: Cute little fingerprints, body is catching up to size of head, veins & organs are visible through skin


Week 13 over... Check! I am slowing inching my way through pregnancy. My little creature has now acquired its fingerprints. I have joked the little criminal is already on file, if he/she gives me trouble all I have to do is say the word. hehe. 

Week 13 at work has been nothing but a sugar coma waiting to happen. There has been so much food available. My body isn't digging sugar so I have been trying to stay clear of it. I feel pretty sick when I eat it. Very weird. I have always had problems with eating too much sugar and feeling sick though. Now it has intensified even if I eat 2 cookies. Other developments at work: I told my boss finally. I figured I was getting closer to being in the "safe zone" (knock on wood). I wanted to tell him before word got out and someone else told him. It was kind of fun to be able to tell people at work. My boss was really supportive of the new changes so that is good. That same day, a lady in my mom's department basically got on top of a mountain and proclaimed to the world her excitement that "KAYLA'S PREGNANT!!!!!!" I was so embarrassed because all eyes were on me, which is not my favorite. I haven't said much to my coworkers in my department, I'm just waiting for the right time. I don't know quite how to bring it up. I'm just socially awkward at times.

Bre and I did some online research on cribs during week 13. I have pretty much decided on wanting a white crib in a sleigh style that can be converted into a full size bed. Its so fun to do all of the product research. The only problem is I have so much to do other than crib research. I don't quite know where to start. I think that I need to start doing more reserach so that I can be prepared when it comes time to buy or create a registry. I know once we find out what our little baby is I'm going to go crazy with it. Waiting patiently........

I'm kind of still growing that tiny little bump. I've noticed that when I wear shirts with belts I look slightly preggo. I'm starting to feel better about having a visible bump now that I have officially put the word out at work. I'm actually a little excited to get that bump. I wish it would just get here already actually. The thing I feel weird about is loose fitting shirts, which are most of the shirts in my closet. They make me feel like I'm hiding something. I think I'd rater show than not show. I guess we'll see how these loose fitting shirts fit soon. They might not be so loose after a month or so.

I have been working out at the gym for almost a year now, an d have kept up my workouts during pregnancy. I have heard so much about water aerobics and pregnancy so I finally tried it out this weekend at the gym. I was the youngest person in the class by 20 years at least. A cute little Jewish old lady befriended me before the class and gave me all kinds of tips. What a cutie. hehe. I really need to get a one piece so that people don't have to look at my blubber once it starts to accumulate more. I wore a tank top over my bikini because I felt pretty freaking ridiculous exercising in it. The surprising thing I found about the class is that the teacher, who is on dry land, can do all the moves at 100 miles an hour and in the water I felt and looked like I was wading through molasses. Very attractive!!! The class was good. I can see this being a good class later in pregnancy too so I think I'll alternate between this and yoga on the weekends. Weekdays will be reserved for weights and cardio. 

Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment