Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 12

Major Developments:
Tiny Kidneys excrete urine into the bladder, Eyes are moving from the sides of head to front of head, mouth can make sucking movements.

Size of baby: Lime

 Week 12 was a week full of extremely bizarre dreams. After the first 3 nights of disturbingly weird dreams, I googled it. Yup, according to babycenter.com dreams are more vivid and crazy than usual. This is due to a boost in the hormone progesterone. What don't those dang hormones cause. I have had absolutely insane dreams every day of week 12. One about a cat even made me sick to my stomach. I won't get into the details, to save your soul. Another thing I experienced in week 12 was headaches. I'm not a fan of taking medicine for headaches so I have been toughing through them. Plus, its not too healthy. I'd have to take a Tylenol a thousand times a day. I have also been super tired. Megan and Zach invited us out on Friday night but I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was really disappointed because she is moving in a couple weeks. I've been trying not to get worked up about it but it makes me sad. :( I think I get upset about it more often because my hormones are still out of control. Other than all of the above, I am feeling good.

My tiny little bump is growing. (The picture above is a little deceiving with those pants) Still no real weight gain though. Most of my shirts are baggy so I don't think its noticeable to others. I didn't think that it would show up so soon. It makes me wonder if I will get a real bump sooner than my doctor said.That would be fun. Some pregnant girls are so cute with their baby bumps.

Megan took our family pictures during week 12. I had her take a shot of Eric and I since this would be our last shoot pre-child. The next time we have family pictures with the Thomas clan, there will be a little one to entertain.

On Saturday, we went to a BBQ at a friends house. She is, I think, a year older than me. She already has 2 kids, but her husband is 37. She always has such good tips for me. Her youngest is 9 months and her oldest is almost 3. She seems like such a good mom. One who already knows all there is to know. I just wonder how she got all of this infinite knowledge. I guess you just pick it up?? I have a lot to learn. For starters, I didn't even think about babies chewing on their beautiful cribs. She suggested putting the plastic covers on the bar to preserve the crib. She also had a little fence around her Christmas Tree. I wouldn't think about these things now... Its a little overwhelming, but also good to know someone who's going through the same things. Its the little things I'm worried about not knowing. I guess I just need to start hanging out with more babies! Round one of being a Mom, I can imagine, will be a total learning process. It will be fun though. I'm anxious to see how Eric and I turn out as parents.

Ta ta for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment